Troops Clan Castle are always surprise for opponent. Because these troops always help in making best clash of clans defense strategy. It is very important to know that which troops are best for the clan castle to defend in clan war or single player attack. The new update of troops and spells made it very interesting that what we should have in our clan castle. In this article we describe some best combinations of clan troops for clan castle to defend in war. We also describe here that which troop is important and which troop should you use in clan castle while watching other opponent clan.
The Clash of Clans Defense Strategy about Clan Castle troops in Clan War
You might be thinking why a dedicated post for defending Troops in Clan War is necessary. There are some circumstances in Clan War that require variations in order to have the best Troops in the War Castle:
- Lack of surprise – your enemy will know after 2-3 replays what’s inside your Clan Castle
- Your enemy is better prepared for the attack in general
- We’re able to use the Clan Castle space the best way (not per TH but per CC Housing Space)
The taste of surprise in Clan War
I will point out different setups here for each Clan Castle Level.
I personally see a huge difference – and also disadvantage – in Clan War. Your enemy knows what’s coming out of the Clan Castle because he only has to watch replays of the base being attacked by his other clan members.
My advice is to avoid filling all Clan Castles with more or less the same setup. Bring in some surprises by filling the War Castles with different combinations of Troops you find below. Imagine an attacker hitting base #10 and has just seen that base #9 had Wizards in the Clan Castle, but you have put a Dragon in #10. I think you get my point, right?
Update! The Baby Dragon is the most powerful troop for the Clan Castle and you should always try to have one of them in there. They are way better than the normal Dragons, because:
- Half the Housing Space
- When they are the only air troops (which they should be), they enrage themselves and deal almost the same damage as a regular Dragon
- They have a faster attacking speed and their spalsh damage is working great against Heroes, especially the Archer Queen (even with her Royal Cloak activated)
Here’s why the Baby Dragon is so good in your Clan Castle for defending:
The best defending Clan Castle Troop setups for Clan War
Best defending Clan Castle Troops for 15 Housing Space
15 Housing Space does not offer a lot of space for creativity, so here is the best combo to put in the War Castles of your lower players:
- 7 Archers and 2 (maxed) Wizards: pretty standard and only effective if you use Wizards Level 6. They are able to survive 1 Lightning Spell and get out of the Clan Castle pretty late. Chances are good they will survive and deal some major damage to the attacker.
The nice thing is that not a many players attacking these bases in Clan War have the Poison Spell yet, so Archers and Wizards are quite a big crew to take out with a Lightning Spell.
War Castle Troops for 20 Housing Space
Lets have a look at my suggestions. 1 Dragon is not the best option in my opinion, but if there are 1 or 2 of those Clan Castles with a Dragon it will add some nice variety to keep the attacker guessing:
- 1 Dragon: This will surprise some attackers expecting other Troops from other attacks in that region on the War Map. It’s expensive, but hard to take down in lower Town Halls.
- Best! 1 Baby Dragon, 2 Wizards and 2 Archers: Like mentioned above the Baby Dragon is a beast as defending Clan Castle troop and will be deadly to attacking Heroes (also because it’s splash damage harms the Archer Queen even when her Royal Cloak is activated)
- 1 Witch and 2 Wizards (maxed): Also here you’ll probably see no Poison Spells and most players in this region don’t know how to fight against a Witch. This will give them maybe a couple of seconds to make a bad decision and drop some of their Wizards.
- 2 Valkyries and 1 Wizard: The Valkyries deal major area damage (especially if someone chooses to attack with Giants) and, while they also tank quite nice, the Wizards have a lot time to deal their deadly damage.
Clan Castle Troops for 25 Housing Space
This is the region where people still tend to use troops that are very vulnerable against air troops. I’ve seen the best results in our Clan Wars with these combinations:
- 1 Dragon, 1 Wizard (maxed) and 1 Archer: This will deal a lot of area damage and maybe someone thought to bring Balloons or Hog Riders. In this case, you just saved your Clan some Stars.
- Best! 1 Baby Dragon, 1 Valkyrie, 1 Wizard and 3 Archers: Like mentioned above the Baby Dragon is a beast as defending Clan Castle troop and will be deadly to attacking Heroes (also because it’s splash damage harms the Archer Queen even when her Royal Cloak is activated)
- 3 Balloons (maxed), 2 Wizards (maxed) and 1 Archer: The Balloons work like a charm unless someone is attacking with Dragons. You should only use this combo when your base is strong against Dragons (have your Air Defenses deep inside the core, etc.).
- 1 Witch, 3 Wizards (maxed) and 1 Archer: The Witch will hold the attacking Troops with all the Skeletons while the Wizards deal a lot of damage. The nice thing is they all have range damage so they can hide behind Walls.
Clan War defending Troops for 30 Housing Space
No big surprise for the last two Clan Castle upgrade levels here. There are actually only 3 working combinations so far, but when you mix them around in your Clan Castles your enemies will really have a hard time because they will not know what’s in a Clan Castle without having at least 1 attack on that base.
- 1 Witch, 4 Wizards (maxed) and 2 Archers
- Best! 1 Baby Dragon, 2 Valkyrie and 1 Wizard: Like mentioned above the Baby Dragon is a beast as defending Clan Castle troop and will be deadly to attacking Heroes (also because it’s splash damage harms the Archer Queen even when her Royal Cloak is activated)
- 1 Golem: Slows down the attacker and keep him busy for a longer time
- 1 Dragon, 2 Wizards and 2 Archers: This is quite ugly to play against if it comes out as a surprise because if someone uses Golems they actually want the Wizards to make the funnel and not also have to deal with that Dragon tearing on the Golems.
- 3 Bowlers and fill up with Archers/Wizards: This combination is very effective, because the Bowlers have some hitpoints and their strikes also hit second-row troops. You will often see attackers with strong tank troops in the first row and the Bowler strikes will also hit their damage dealing troops behind.
Defending Clan Castle Troops for 35 Housing Space
This is pretty much the same like we had with the Clan Castle Level 5. I still see people putting Lava Hounds in there – please stop because this is not holding attacking Troops back in any case. When someone is attacking a base with a maxed Clan Castle you can be sure there’s so much DPS involved that the Lava Hound is simply wasted. It’s better to use these combos:
- 2 Witches, 2 Wizards (maxed) and 3 Archers
- Best! 1 Baby Dragon, 3 Valkyrie and 1 Archers: Like mentioned above the Baby Dragon is a beast as defending Clan Castle troop and will be deadly to attacking Heroes (also because it’s splash damage harms the Archer Queen even when her Royal Cloak is activated)
- 1 Golem, 1 Wizard, 1 Archer: A good way to slow down attacker because the Golem will make them take long time
- 1 Lava Hound: Also slows down the attacker and the Lava Pups will keep them also busy for quite some time
- 1 Dragon, 3 Wizards (maxed) and 3 Archers:This is quite ugly to play against if it comes out as a surprise because if someone uses Golems they actually want the Wizards to make the funnel and not also have to deal with that Dragon tearing on the Golems.
- 4 Bowlers and fill with Archers: When you have a maxed Clan Castle you won’t see a lot of air attacks against your base. Bowlers work great against the current attacking setups because they will also hit damage dealing troops behind the tank line of troops.
Wrapping it up
Here we go through all the possible combinations of clan castle troops which are very helpful for making clash of clan defense strategy for war. We describe all the level of clan castle and the troops combination it should have for clan war. So you may use any of these combinations as per your requirement and as per your clan castle level.